Friday 7 March 2008

Stuff I've liked recently

Comics

Cable & Deadpool #49-50. After a lacklustre post-Cable run of issues, Reilly Brown's plots gave the book a sprint finish. Even Nicieza's dialogue got funnier again to go with them. [Incidentally, Cable #1 was horribly underwhelming. I'm not even going to bother looking at Daniel Way's Deadpool]

Incredible Herc. Just read it.

http://www.questionablecontent.net/. Read through the entire near-1100-strip archive in three days. Like the above two, fun.

TV

Masterchef. I'm not sure why I like it, but I do. Either the editor was horrendously biased, or the right man won too. Hopefully the latter.

Deep Space Nine S5. I got out the habit of watching this on Virgin 1 a while back for a few reasons, none of them content-related (was out late for a few nights in a row, then had a series of early mornings to make sure my sleep pattern was thoroughly wrecked, combined with Virgin 1 being in MuxD, of which my reception is marginal and requires much aerial fiddling to stop the picture breaking up constantly. Every time.) Turns out that was definitely a mistake.

Books

Charlie Brooker's Dawn of the Dumb. A collection of his newspaper colums. His columns on "psychics" alone are worth the cost of the book.

No comments: